Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Bouncing....
Was off to my cousins for the weekend. They live in Sharjah, and I took along my digicam, merrily snapping away anything I found interesting. After taking over 120 pictures, the camera crashed and I lost all the images..... felt horrid for a whole day... And I was relay looking forward to putting up a few pics here.... sulk sulk...

Finding institutional scapegoats is a quintessentially Indian weakness. If you forget that birthday, blame the Postal service for losing the card you never sent; if you're late for a meeting, blame the railway system; if you forget to make a phone call, say your phonelines were dead instead. These evasive tactics have saved many a relationship for the last many years, but now things have gone out of hand if you ask me. I over heard someone blame a faulty email server and a under-charged cell phone for all his woes in life.

"My mailbox was empty.... no no nothing in it, I checked ten minutes ago..... how did I know you were going to mail..... YOU SMSSED TOO !!!!!????? NO...!!!... NOTHING....!!!!! Oh hell the inbox was full..... I FORGOT TO CLEAR IT !!!!.... I cant read your mind you know....." Sounds lame doesn't it.

Saw an ad for KFC icecream yesterday, the caption said "The Fun of Excitement". What the hell does that mean? Its fun to be excited?, or can you be excited but be really sad about it? Or have a lot of fun and be extremely bored? (You could do that I suppose, if your Australia and playing cricket....) Inspired by the depth in that line I made a few of my own, "The Unpleasantness of Syphilis", "The Market-Share of Microsoft".....or what about "The Indigestion of Nausea".....

I bought a beanless bean bag yesterday. Well its an inflatable bean bag. A very big inflatable bean bag. After fiddling with a bicycle pump for an hour trying to get it to fit into the valve properly, took me a two hours to get the stupid thing even a quarter filled. With the air you need to fill it you could ventilate all of a smallish country, something like Monaco, or Iceland in winter or something. Its made in China, but I doubt even if they have enough air to buy too many of them. The thing is a domestic Goodyear blimp....

On to more academic things, a second year mentioned that it was a good idea to go for the prep course even if you werent invited for it. He mentioned that it was about the only time you had fun till second year.

No comments: