Friday, May 16, 2003

And you are....
The IIM Ahmedabad mailing group rocks. Lots of emails on laptopts, edu loans, loan rates and so forth. I guess many of us know each other a lot now. Theres this chatroom that has somebody there always. Theres a lot of chitchat about gaming and trekking and sports too.

But there is a real sense of apprehension too. People have overcome the euphoria of getting admits. For some time it was downright gloomy with talk only about sleeplessness and assignment pressures. The seniors in the group have a done good job of putting things in perspective though. But I am still pretty sure that none of us are even remotely ready for whats going to happen.

My travel plans are through. Will land up at Ahmedabad railway station at 6:30 the morning of June the 25th. I hope I can meet up with some fellow fachchas there and get a ride to the Insti.

Bigger batch this time, a lot bigger. More the merrier I guess, but with relative grading who knows... but 279 is an all time high....

Dad tried teaching me accounting, double entry bookkeeping. I thought material science was vague.... not anymore... Economics is interesting though.... I think I am getting to like it... but I guess IIMA is not about what you learn, but HOW you learn it....

No comments: